St. Anthony’s embraces patient- and family-centered care and recognizes that open visitation plays an important role in a patient’s healing and recovery.
During Flu Season:
During active Flu season, posters will be dispalyed at visitor entrances.
For the safety of our patients and our colleagues, we ask that you follow these guidelines when visiting:
DO NOT VISIT PATIENTS IF YOU:
- Have a cold or any flu-like symptoms
- Are under 18 years of age
- Are a pregnant woman
Please limit 2 people during a patient visit.
We ask that you follow these simple courtesies at any visit:
- Children who are visiting should be accompanied by an adult.
- Practice hand hygiene by using hand sanitizers or washing hands with soap and water as you enter and leave the patient’s room. Please follow any isolation precautions.
- Family members or friends who have a cold, cough, fever, or rash should not visit until they feel better.
- Check with the nurse before bringing food and beverages to a patient in case he/she is on a special diet.
Considering Patient Privacy
St. Anthony’s appreciates visitors considerations of our patients’ right to privacy. At any time while visiting friends or loved ones, visitors may be asked to leave the patient room in order for the physician or nursing staff to privately discuss the patient’s care.
We also ask that visitors recognize the importance of rest in a patients’ recovery. Nursing staff may ask visitor’s to leave the room if they feel the patient needs additional rest.
Visitors are welcome to wait in the Maple Street Lobby or the Healing Garden
A waiting room for Intensive Care families is located on the second floor between the Intensive Care Unit and the elevators.
Individuals accompanying patients who are having surgery are asked to wait in the Surgery Waiting Room on the second floor. The Surgery Waiting Room is accessed by taking the surgery elevator past Patient Registration off of Mulberry Street. Visitors should register with the waiting room attendant to make sure the physician is able to keep them informed.
Many of our waiting rooms are equipped with personal computers for access to the internet.
St. Anthony’s is proud to offer free wireless internet access to our patients and their visitors.
Once your laptop or other device has detected the wireless connection, select your internet browser. You will be automatically logged into our wireless web site.